Pages

Tuesday 16 October 2012

SPACE JUMP RESPONSE


Personally, I found that story interesting. I have to commend him for his bravery to jump off from a height of 24 MILES high! I don’t even really like jumping off from a height of 24 feet! At first, it appeared he hesitated at first, due to the weight of the 100 pound suit or fear of jumping, I don’t know. But even so, it’d be fairy unnatural for one to be so calm in a situation like this. After such a sensation of falling, if one asked him again, I wonder what his views of jumping off a [certain height] would be. Does he now have a sensation of wanting to feel that happen again? Or is he glad that it’s over?


It’s not just a matter of guts and will, but a matter of knowing the potential dangers that could occur during the jump. If his spacesuit had ripped during the jump, it would only be a matter of seconds before his body would be penetrated through the heat of the speed of his fall. What if he didn't travel fast enough and his oxygen ran out? What if he didn't break the sound barrier? There were a lot of possibilities that could have happened to him, many fatal. When he landed, I thought he would fall over or such due to the shock or loss of sensation in his legs, or amazement. But he still landed properly, despite the 24 mile fall.

It’s people like him who inspire the people of today, so he should be proud.  Everything he did was commendable. I also found it interesting how he fell like a solid block, all tense. You can probably imagine all the grueling training he went through in order to maintain that position while falling at a speed of 800 miles an hour. All in all, at least he didn't have acrophobia.

2 comments:

  1. Good start to your posting Alice. I can hear your voice in this post but it does change tone - your introduction is more personal and casual in tone and then your next two paragraphs are more formal. Try to aim for the latter two as you can still respond personally while offering a more objective opinion.
    I also like the questions you posed throughout. I'm wondering did you seek out further information - eg. interviews or stories to find out if you could find answers to your questions. That would be the next step and then you could hyperlink them to your posts.

    One last note: try to remember to introduce the topic in your opening sentences. Remember your readers may not know what you are talking about (despite your title) unless you provide some further context. Looking forward to reading more of your responses this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to write/speak in different manners (but by doing this, sometimes my speech is inadequate). I did seek out further information, because I dislike it when my facts are incorrect (though they may be) especially in a topic such as this where the speeds that Felix Baumgartner varied from time to time. I'll remember for next time to include the topic in my opening sentences, I had believed that the title explained most of the topic. Thank you for the response!

    ReplyDelete