Pages

Tuesday 16 October 2012

space jump response



SPACE JUMP RESPONSE


          This guy is crazy!! That’s all I was thinking while he jumped.  I mean, like who is that crazy to free fall from the edge of the earth.   I have to give Felix a lot of props for having the guts to do that jump, it was probably the scariest thing he has ever done and the scariest thing he will ever do!  I wonder if he would ever do it again.  I know, I wouldn’t even think of doing that.  This is probably one of the bravest guys ever, there are so many things that could’ve gone wrong which could’ve caused death but he overcame those fears and made the jump.  I could tell he was a bit nervous in the ship because he hesitated a couple times but he kept moving on, who wouldn’t hesitate.  This man is a pretty amazing guy and he should be proud of himself and everyone should be proud him too.

3 comments:

  1. I thought that it was amazing how Felix risked his life to try and brake the sound barrier. It must have been terrifing to know that your body could explode at any moment. I wonder what it was like for his family to watch him as he jumped and why Felix wanted to do the space jump. If Felix could do it again would he? WOuld he take the risks? I wonder what he felt when he was in space all alone about to jump. Was he scared that he would die? Do you think that he would be okay with dying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brendan, I can really sense the awe and admiration you have for Felix's bravery in jumping from space. That comes through very clearly in your voice. Just a reminder that for future posts, we are working on our more formal tone in writing with our posts. The style you used here is more conversational in tone and uses several slang phrases like, " I have to give Felix a lot of props..." In class, we will be working on how to still be able to share that emotional awe and admiration while writing more formally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kasey, I know you had trouble posting your response so I am happy that you remembered to problem solve and posted it as a comment. Kudos to you! That is one of our learning outcomes with integrating the blogs in our classwork - to use the technology to enhance our learning and also to problem soleve when things do not go well.
    You are another person who posed several good questions surrounding Felix's motivation for jumping. I'm wondering did you do any further research, like looking up interviews or other reports following his jump? These may have helped make your response even better for viewers as they could see you pose the questions and then go further with trying to seek out the answers, perhaps even linking them for further reference of your readers. I look forward to more responses and questions from you!


    ReplyDelete