Pages

Thursday 13 June 2013

Tony Gurr Blog Response

       A couple of days ago in Humanities class we took a look at Tony Gurr's motivation blog.  This wasn't your regular blog with a whole bunch of writing and maybe one picture here and there. This blog was very different and unique. It had pictures everywhere! And it didn't have very many words, only a few to accompany the picture. I liked that he was being different by changing the usual boring, all writing blog into a picture blog. This made his blog a lot more appealing and it made me want to keep scrolling down to see what else he had and what other ideas he was coming up with.

       Making your writing and blogging "different" is a very good way of getting it noticed and getting people to read it, but of course you'd have to make it a good "different" and not a bad one. Making your writing unique will want to make people read more and more because it's different it's not the same as everyone else. This is what Tony did he decided to be different from everyone else by making a blog with very meaningful pictures with very few words. I think that this worked out very well for him because I like the picture blog a lot more than a blog with just writing.  I think this was one of the coolest blogs that I've ever seen, it was unique, it had very good posts and it was appealing.  The best part is he has the perfect amount of writing not too much and not too little.

         Another great thing that made this blog so good was his style of writing. The way he wrote on this blog was like he was talking to you, this made home connect to you even more. It was almost like you we're having a conversation with him and he knew what you were thinking. It made me keep reading more and more. The pictures also made you think of how it connected with the words which I found helped enhance the blog. Also almost  everything that he was saying I could somehow relate to which helps us teens a lot, because when we see relatable things it makes us want to read it, oppose to something that we can't relate to. Tony did a good job on luring me in and I'm sure a lot of other people.

         Altogether this was the best blog that I've ever seen, and I hope that Tony keeps on posting so I can follow what he has to say because its very interesting.  I like the setup of the blog, the writing format and the pictures he's got the whole package! Keep up the work Tony!

1 comment:

  1. Brendan,

    Coolness...TY for the kind words ;-) It's always nice to get some positive feedback...the thing is (and I often say this to my daughter - she is 22 yo and has just graduated from Uni in London) it is "failure" that LEARNs us the most. Shirously ;-)

    So, my young padawan - you have to tell me a couple of things that I can "improve". Go on - be a devil - ...but a nice devil ;-)

    I want to ask you something...how much do you know about Turkey (and not just from Colbert - we really have to tell him that canım Türkiyem is NOT in the Middle East...doesn't he have a PhD or something!)? Are you checking out what has been happening here lately? My last post - one image, two sentences - was very different? Did you "hear" or "see" me in there?

    Let me know - take care!

    T..

    ReplyDelete