Pages

Thursday 16 May 2013

Election Post Reflection (1st Topic)

         I have been researching a lot for the past few weeks to gather pros and cons of all election parties. I am not eligible to vote yet because I am too young but if I was able to vote, I would definitely go for The NDP. On this post, I will explain why I would vote for NDP instead of other parties.

        The NDP focuses on economy and people. They increase hiring for government jobs which shows that they are more worker friendly. In fact, one of the members in the NDP party used to be a bus driver, so he knew the feeling of waking up at 4 a.m. in the morning and working until late night, only to earn a tiny quantity of money. If that member knows that feeling, then he would realize that there are tons of people out there who are currently working that hard. That NDP member would share the tiring and painful feeling of working for 15 hours and earn just around 20 dollars. So let's look at it this way. If there is a guy who experienced how hard it was to live poor with barely any money in the NDP, he would try to make poor people live life more easier. Also, the NDP aims to raise minimum wages to catch up the living for poor people especially people with no jobs and homeless. To fix that, the NDP is lowering taxes for small businesses and they are also wanting to bring affordable daycare and shelters for homeless. That idea sounds really brilliant to me. I once volunteered to clean up a lawn beside a church. It was more of a garden because it was just around 5 meters in length and 3 meters in width. My job was to pull out weeds, ivy and other harmful plants that suck the nutrients away from other flowers. It took a very long time. It took like 5 hours just to clean up a small garden. It made me sweat with exhaustion. Then I imagined how hard and tiring this was for gardeners who clean up lawns that are around 20 meters in length and width. I wondered how hard it would be for the gardeners to do this for their living, just to earn money and to survive in this world.

 <-We have to help the poor out with help of NDP.

        The NDP aims to end poverty. The are willing to give child benefits for poor people. For example, the NDP would give a payment of 416 dollars per child for people with an income of 39k dollars or less and between 73 dollars and 330 dollars a month per child, to families earning less than 188, 000 dollars a month. By doing this, so much poor people would be able to live much easier. Although this benefits mostly poor people, I totally agree with the idea because the rich people don't need supports from the government. Rich people with gigantic mansions with a huge field and a limozine. Those people have everything they need. They are lying down on an expensive sofa while watching a TV show from their 72 inch screen TV while texting on their new phones. When they are all comfortable and relaxed, poor people has to keep working hard and harder for them to survive in this world just to have enough money for food. I have seen a family of homeless before. It was just so depressing. I really don't mean any offense but they were digging trash cans for food. How much had they starved? When I heard that the NDP was focusing more on poor people, I had hope in them and I wanted them to help those poor people out and really give them a chance to get a job and live their life without as much as suffering and pain.

       The two paragraphs above explained the main reasons of why I wanted to vote for NDP. There were other good parts about NDP, too, but the part that really made my ears open was the part of NDP aiming to help the poor in need, give more job oppurtunities and give child support. The party that I really would vote for is none other than NDP.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, this is Grace. I loved your composition by the great amount of detail in it. Also, You had a enjoyable introduction, body, and conclusion. Nice Post! :)

    ReplyDelete